19 October, 2006

Talking to the Train Conductor Who Could Not Sleep

I went to bed around 11:30 when I started getting these text messages from a regional train conductor. He was out in Williams and was heading through Flagstaff. After a bunch of silly text messages, he called and told me all kinds of weird stories about ethno botany and psychotropic drugs. When I asked him if he was high on cocaine while he drove that train, he denied, mumbling something about Reganomics.
My eyelids were heavy and the night began to take on a weird late night show appeal
while he descended into Flagstaff.
As he passed through he gave me a special toot toot that is too many toots to try to explain. I got confused because I heard it both out the window, and on the phone.
After that, I went to sleep.

No comments: