10 February, 2008

The Farm Journal






Saturday was a fund raiser for Art Camp. The theme was Mardi Gras, a bit tardy yes, but Madiosn County tends to run on country time.

Let me tell you, Art Camp is a little train that can. After twenty years, people are still fighting for arts education in a county historically so poor I often wonder if I got dropped off on the rez.

I love community education, and get a perverse thrill in working with anything that
is not public education. Public education sounds good, being of the populist view and all that, but the state and federal dogma stands in the way of innovative ideas.

I digress,yes. The party was swell, we danced and swilled. Though I do not think that we raised many funds.


GOOD NEWS : This year we will be locating camp to Marshall High Studios, on Blanahasset Island!!! Thank you Rob, for offering your space to the begining of a beautifull collaboration.

Contact me if you want to make a donation to Madison County Arts Camp, or if you would like to get involved!

No comments: