19 January, 2011

seed thrive

Servant Leadership. The founder of Buena Vista Children's Services believed in servant leadership. I struggled that year learning management and leadership skills, but was always astounded by her lack of micro management and willingness to see me thrive.

Bossing people around doesn't equal  leadership.
John is enjoying this discovery in his first week and a half at Page Springs. He is supported in his exploration, given freedom and is learning a lot. I so happy that he has found camaraderie with like minded folks. I am watching him make good choices in his stone masonry project...building simply at first with plans towards sculpture later. I was a little worried when he came home the first week having started a wall shaped like a fish to accommodate a surely above ground root system.

No comments: