01 October, 2007

It has been a little over three months since Rennie died, and I returned to Madison County. I don't spell check. I don't breath deeply. I don't get enough sleep. Or I get too much sleep.

The first few months were spent held up on the farm. These next few months are about reintroducing myself to the public. Marshall, for example.
We are the first family in the community to loose a mother early on.
I can't help but feel that people are watching, wondering when I am going to
start talking about death, or pass out in someones yard. It hasn't happened yet, but the reality of my sudden relocation is starting to set in. I left Arizona. I am now in the Blue Ridge Mountains stacking wood and watching the leaves loose their chlorophyll.
I love it, but today I need a nap.

No comments: