08 November, 2007

The Farm Journal



Weeks are moving along, and the weatherman claims it is going to snow in the high mountains tonight. I find this puzzling, seeing how 3000 foot elevation in Arizona equals shorts and tank tops right about now, but here it threatens snow !

The City of Marshall voted in the sale and consumption of booze on Tuesday. This is huge. I think Madison County has been dry since Prohibition. The face of Marshal, NC is rapidly changing. Gallery's are sprouting up, restaurants with wine are coming, the artists are moving here on a daily basis. I hope the terrain remains pastoral.

I took these photos at the Depot recently. Some gals and I danced with some fellers, making sure we left a few inches in between our persons. "leave room for the Lord," someone said!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's AJ ?