11 November, 2007

The Farm Journal


I need a vacation from myself.

Last night she said into my left ear "Don't let your spirit be broken. The world would be lopsided without your spirit."
I remember that cleary
My despite the pint of beer, and the twang of Mr. Woody Wood.

Hearing something like that makes up for the horrible Friday night that involved me
and Olivia walking from a party in Montford to West Ashville. I was without my contacts lenses & dithers. At the party I felt I was in an Asheville version of a reality show where women chase the bacholar around the yard. I don't like that stuff.

Maybe the night went to crazytown because we did that burning ritual. I ripped up pieces of paper for us to write what we wanted to let go of in our lives. We threw em into the little stove. I have to admit the night went weird after that. Now what does this resolve?

I heard somewhere that if you are called to to live a monastic life you would really REALLY know! I wish i knew cuz it would help me calm down. Can God design you to be a nun that wants to get married to someone human? That doesn't makes sense. I don't think it is possible.


I like the idea of painting a heart on the inside of ones shirt. This way the heart of paint rests on your heart of life.
Lord help me.
Sometimes I write things on the skin which covers my heart in hopes of good wishes melting through my skin and into some warm place to be heard.
Lord help me.

Lord help me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord Jesus Christ
Son of God
Have mercy upon us

to call upon- replacing a lot of mental stuff- can perhaps change things.I hope so-and that is already different.
I'm enjoying yor writings.-Dan

NATASHA SHEALY-natasha@thenoise.us said...

Dan the neighbor! Are you Catholic?