11 April, 2008

The Farm Journal









After drawing stars on my underpants,and wandering the fields seeking to commune with the neighborhood beasts, I was captured by Joan of Arc's passionate life of rebellion and demise. This saint was introduced to me via The Legend of Billie Jean, a teen film of the 1980's, where the heroine chops off her hair in the fashion of Saint Joan, starting a fashion revolution and cult following.
This was around the time that I was really hoping to begin hearing voices.
Maybe embarrassing,but true.

Which leads me to the the question of, if hearing voices perhaps from God or angels is schzoprenic, or if labeling such is a mad attempt at rampant medication ?
Throughout history, all of the greats held behaviors that are now medicated.



Joan of Arc

No comments: