25 April, 2010

Is it lazy to post one video on top of another? Not if it can express what you need to say. I post this video, cuz I spotted Tyler earlier today in the toothpaste isle at Earth Fare. We looked at each other a couple times, and he seemed like he didn't know what he was looking for. I thought about striking up a soulfull conversation with his awkward, otherwordly self, but honestly, I've been a long time gone from Asheville, from the days of old Asheville. This song reminds me of that town, back when Tyler Ramsey worked at Almost Blue, and I bought cd's by the Stooges and Nick Drake. Everybody hung out in the courtyard of Vincent's Ear catching bands like The White Stripes & Jonathan Richman on the cheap. Now I stay home at the farm, making quiet moments to think about when I am fifty. I haven't heard much from Ramsey's lp, but I don't need to tell you  he is a diamond.

No comments: